WHAT IS ALTAIR OPTISTRUCT™?
Altair OptiStruct is a structural and optimization solver used for solving static, dynamic, linear, nonlinear, topology and topography optimization problems, and more!
It is most widely used where lightweight and efficient structures are needed. Great for optimizing for durability, NVH, or any rapidly developing products. Optimization types supported are topology for large design spaces, topography for thin-walled structures, or free-size for finding the best thickness distribution in machined structures or finding optimal composite laminate layups.
Complete Analysis Solution
Altair OptiStruct™ provides solvers for multiple applications including linear, nonlinear, vibrations, acoustics, fatigue, thermal, and multiphysics analyses. Solutions are quick, accurate, and highly scalable on both CPUs and GPUs.
Industry Leading Optimization
Altair OptiStruct™ pioneered the development of topology and topography optimization technology. Design and optimize composite parts and 3D printing including complex lattice structures.
Couple solvers for complicated multiphysics analyses like fluid-structure interactions, thermomechanical simulation and electromagnetic-structure interactions.
- Industry-leading optimization tool including multi-material and multi-model topology.
- Structural solver for wide use of applications for linear, nonlinear, vibration, acoustics, heat transfer and multiphysics.
- Linear Analysis: Includes NASTRAN linear formulation for strength and deformation accuracy.
- Vibrations and Acoustics: Specialty solvers AMSES and FASTFR for higher degree of accuracy for single parts to complex assemblies.
- Multiphysics: Couple OptiStruct with thermomechanical solvers for fluid-structure and electromagnetic-structure interactions.
- Design and Optimization for Composite parts including ply shape to layup schedule.