WHAT IS ALTAIR EDEM?
Altair EDEM is a Discrete Element Modeling solution that specializes in bulk and granule material simulation and analysis. Users can quickly and accurately simulate the behavior of coal, mined ores, soils, fibers, grains, tablets, powders, and more.
Couple EDEM with FEA and MBD tools to include true material loads in structural and system dynamics analysis. Combine with CFD tools for fast and accurate particle-fluid systems analysis.
Simulate Any Material
Simulate a wide variety of real-world materials such as rocks, fine powders, grains, fibers, and tablets using the trusted and capably efficient multi-sphere method or our industry-grade polyhedral particle solver.
Altair EDEM™ simulation provides engineers with crucial information into how those granular materials will interact with their equipment during a range of operation and process conditions. It can be used stand-alone or combined with other CAE tools.
- Simulate large variety of materials such as small to large rocks, ores, soils, tablets, grains, fibers and powders
- Physics behavior models for dry, sticky and compressible materials
- Couple with CAE, FEA, CFD and MBD tools for accurate workflow process simulations
- Direct access to material libraries and intuitive GUI allows for quick setup
- Compute across CPU, GPU and Multi-CPU systems for faster simulation times