Altair Activate, Altair Embed, and Altair Compose are all part of the systems modeling and model-based development (MBD) solution from Altair Engineering. When combined, they make up a complete system-of-systems development simulation platform that is not only easy to use but provides a lower cost of ownership than competitive tools on the market. Let’s talk about each of the tools, the part it plays in the process and how it helps engineers solve problems.
Altair Activate is a system simulation tool that allows engineers to design, model, and simulate multi-disciplinary systems. It provides an intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) that enables engineers to model and simulate systems using blocks and connectors. Altair Activate has a library of pre-built blocks for various domains such as mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and thermal systems. Engineers can also create custom blocks using programming languages like C, Python and Modelica. Activate provides a modular approach to modelling, which allows users to combine model types, whereas most competitive tools are limited to prebuilt blocks included in the software.
Altair Activate's key features include:
- System modeling and simulation for multi-disciplinary systems.
- Custom block and automatic code creation using multiple programming languages like C, Python and Modelica.
- Customize existing blocks to eliminate rework, including prebuilt Modelica blocks.
- Co-simulation with other software tools like MATLAB/Simulink, Altair Embed, and others.
Fig 1: Screenshot of Altair Activate system model.
Altair Embed is a graphical programming tool used to develop embedded systems. It allows engineers to design, simulate, and generate code for embedded systems. Altair Embed provides a graphical, drag GUI that enables engineers to create block diagrams and visually connect them to represent their system's behavior. It has pre-built blocks for various domains such as control systems, signal processing, and data acquisition. Engineers can also create custom blocks using C code or MATLAB/Simulink models.
Altair Embed's key features include:
- Graphical programming for embedded systems including hardware-in-the-loop simulation. Download code straight to microprocessors.
- Support of over 1,200 microprocessors.
- Automatic code generation including C and VDHL.
- Lightweight, intuitive interface with lower learning curve than competitive tools.
Fig 2: Buck Converter Simulation
Altair Compose is a multi-language programming and data analysis environment. It provides a GUI that enables engineers to import, manipulate, and visualize data from various sources. Altair Compose supports multiple programming languages like Python, MATLAB, Octave and OML (Object Matrix Language) by default, allowing engineers to write scripts and algorithms in their preferred language. It also has pre-built functions and toolkits for various domains such as statistics, signal processing, and optimization.
Altair Compose's key features include:
- Multi-language programming and data analysis environment.
- Pre-built functions, libraries, and toolkits for various domains.
- Import and manipulation of data from various sources including Altair CAE tools like HyperWorks, MATLAB and Excel.
- Visualization of data using various charts and graphs, both 2D and 3D. Optimized to handle large datasets.
Fig 3: CAE Test Data in Altair Compose
These three tools can work together to create a complete solution for data analysis, system simulation, and embedded systems development. Specifically, engineers can use Altair Compose to analyze and visualize data, Altair Activate to simulate the behavior of a system, and Altair Embed to develop and test the embedded system that controls the system.
The integration between these tools benefit engineering teams in multiple ways. One benefit, the data analysis capabilities of Altair Compose can be used to analyze and visualize data from sensors or other sources, which can then be used to inform the system simulation and development process in Altair Activate and Altair Embed. This integration can improve the accuracy and efficiency of the system simulation and development process, reducing the time and cost required to develop complex systems. As with every other Altair solution, these tools are licensed using the Altair Units licensing model, which allows users access to these tools, plus many more at no additional cost.
To learn more about these tools or any other Altair solutions, contact us at email@example.com.
Submit a comment